Wednesday 4 February 2009

JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness, by Geoff Johns, David S. Goyer, Leonard Kirk et al – reviewed

An enjoyable book, but I’m pretty muddled now after reading a few of these JSA books out of order. Writing a review of this one a couple of weeks after I read it is quite tricky. For example, I had to look at the description on Goodreads to remind me that Eclipso, Obsidian and Mordru are the three princes of darkness in question.

But what I am sure of is that I’m already looking forward to re-reading the series in order, and that the superheroes in this book are some of the most well-rounded, rich and interesting in the DC universe.

I rather wish that Oliver Queen, Barry Allen and Hal Jordan had been given their own group title in which to grow old gracefully, instead of being shoehorned back into their old titles.

JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness, by Geoff Johns, David S. Goyer, Leonard Kirk et al. DC Comics, tpb, 256pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment