Monday 9 June 2014

Film or TV tie-in: Doctor Who: Death and Diplomacy by Dave Stone #bookaday

The #bookaday challenge for today is to name a film or TV tie-in. Not a struggle! I looked up at my bookshelves and the first one I saw was Death and Diplomacy by Dave Stone. I haven't read it, but it features a post-Ace seventh Doctor with new companions Bernice Summerfield, Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej.

According to a rough search of my Goodreads list, I've read two hundred and twelve Doctor Who books. I own another eighty-seven that I haven't yet read, including Death and Diplomacy, and there are two that I haven't finished. Must get around to all of those sometime! If history's anything to go on, it'll be when I'm supposed to be revising for exams.

I first got into the Doctor Who New Adventures during my final year of university after finding a brand new copy of Lucifer Rising among the discards for sale at Reading Library. I hadn't even watched the later Sylvester McCoy years. Loving that one, I bought as many as I could find in that town's excellent secondhand bookshops and devoured them, all out of order.

At the moment I'm greatly excited about the forthcoming War Doctor novel, Engines of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment