- The Harlequin by Nina Allan
- Motherland by Alix Christie
- The Year of the Horse by Zoë Ranson
- Mistakes by the Lake by Brian Petkash
- When It Was Raining by Kevin Parry
- Esp by Michael Wyndham Thomas
- In Wolf Village by Penny Simpson
I bet the Nina Allan novella is good too, but all our luck must go to Michael!
The award is a partnership between the Screen School of Liverpool John Moores University and Manchester Metropolitan University’s Department of Contemporary Arts, who originally established The Novella Award. Sandstone Press, Time to Read, and NAWE are all partners of the award and work alongside it to encourage the publication of new writing.
The winner receives a £1,000 cash prize and their novella is published by Sandstone Press.
More details here.