Saturday 1 May 2010

Moving over to Blogger

If you're wondering where the usual Silver Age Books website has gone, for now it's still there – see www.silveragebooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. We don't have any plans to take it down, but as time goes by we will where practical move the content over here. Or most of it, at least. Fond as I am of the Invasion of the Eggmen, it's not really the direction we're moving in nowadays!

Originally I built the Silver Age Books site in Microsoft Word, if you can believe it, creating each page individually. Then I moved on to FrontPage, and there it's been stuck. For a while I've wanted to update things, to make it more attractive and make updating it less tedious, and behind the scenes I've built prototype websites using Joomla and Google Sites, but for various reasons I wasn't satisfied with the results.

One big factor in the change was that over the last couple of years the book reviews have come to be an important  part of the magazine, and presenting them in an attractive way on the old website was a nightmare.

Using Blogger will have its downsides, but it will be much easier for me to update, leaving me more time to spend on the actual publications we produce. Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment