Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Book Addiction Test


Every so often I find myself faffing around online more than I'd like, and wonder whether it's a serious enough problem that I should do something about it.

So I took this Internet Addiction Test, on which I scored a disappointing 55. Looks like I don't have a debilitating psychological problem. I'm just a bit lonely after working at home for so long, and hence pitifully desperate for human contact.

Then I wondered, what would be my results if I took the same test, but replaced "internet" and "online" with "reading", "email" with "bookshelf", and so on?

I scored 76.

My book addiction is 21 points worse than my internet addiction!

Four points more and the test would have concluded that "[reading] is causing significant problems in your life"!

Try taking the Book Addiction Test.

How did you do?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen. The link appears to be broken - I tried several times, but with no luck.
    Cheers, Howard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - tried it on a couple of different computers and browsers and it seems to be working. There's only one possible answer: your ISP doesn't want its customers to realise the extent of their internet addiction and so is blocking the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yes, that makes complete sense.
    The link worked a second time and I scored 39.
    Book addiction test next!

    ReplyDelete